The first Friday in October people around the world—if you’re cool and celebrate random, national holidays—observe World Smile Day.
Today serves as a reminder to us all, as it is easy to get caught up with hectic schedules and fast-paced lifestyles, to stop for a moment and do something nice, and of course, smile.
Let your imagination run wild on what this day could entail. Buy the items of the guy or gal behind you in line at the coffee shop, pick up trash off the streets or give a compliment to the mom with three kids hanging off her body. Whatever is instinctual, it’s bound to make someone smile.
“A smile is happiness you’ll find right under your nose.” – Tom Wilson
Fun facts about smiling:
- Boosts your immune system
- Relieves stress by releasing endorphins
- It is easier to smile than frown
- It takes 5 to 53 muscles to smile
- Babies are born with the ability to smile
- There are 19 different types of smiles
Just remember, do it with a smile.