Family First Dental Care
We are looking for an enthusiastic hygienist that loves building and maintaining positive relationships with patients. What if you could be rewarded for doing what you love, with a team that supports you, in an environment where there is a shared passion for quality patient care? Your primary role is to provide exceptional patient care, while educating patients on the oral systemic links. As a valued member of the family, we will support you, and invest in you and your future with medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, and many other benefits! We believe in the value of talented people, and we aim to craft an environment that engages you professionally.
- Commitment to providing outstanding customer service and hospitality through exceptional chair side manner, focus on educating patients about the oral-systemic link, time management and adhering to HIPAA compliance.
- Provide patient care based on most current guidelines provided by the American Academy of Periodontology, ADA and ADHA guidelines- specifically related to periodontal disease, radiographs, standard of care.
- Follow OSHA & Blood Borne Pathogen, guidelines on PPE and use universal precautions.
- Be comfortable with thoroughly, efficiently performing clinical hygiene functions including, but not limited to, as applicable by practice and or state law:
- Review/ update medical history at every visit and record patient’s blood pressure, ensure all appropriate consent forms are signed prior to treatment.
- Expose and evaluate diagnostic radiographs, intra oral photos,
- Complete a full 6-point periodontal assessment every patient every visit.
- Co-assess treatment with doctor and educate each patient on treatment needs and provide patient with necessary referrals.
- Perform routine dental prophylaxis for periodontally healthy patients.
- Perform Non-surgical periodontal therapy (scaling/root planing) and provide associated adjunctive therapy including antimicrobials, antibiotics, and/or laser on periodontally compromised patients (as allowable by state Board of Dentistry and certification)
- Administer local anesthesia, monitor/provide Nitrous Oxide (as allowable by state Board of Dentistry and certification)
- Screen for Oral Cancer
- Identify caries risk level for patients and offer fluoride/sealants, as clinically indicated.
- Maintain and complete accurate progress notes by end of day.
- Sterilize, disinfect and prepare operatory per OSHA guidelines.
- Assist other team members, including business administrative responsibilities.
- Active State Dental Hygiene Licensure
- Active Local Anesthesia/ Laser/ Nitrous Oxide- as allowable by the State Board of Dentistry
- Active CPR-BLS Certification
- Investment in you and your future
- Opportunity to find your career, not just a job!
- Paid Time Off, 401k, Dental, Vision, Medical Benefits
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, AD&D insurance
- Opportunity for career growth no matter your passion! Clinical, administrative, training.