The Dental Assistant’s (DA) primary responsibilities are to provide the patient with quality care and to provide the doctor with quality assistance on patient procedures. The DA has direct responsibility for patient’s excellent experience and the patient retention while in the chair.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Current radiography certification required
- Dental Assistant certification as required by state; ability to become certified
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation preferred
- Current certification to monitor Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Analgesia preferred (if required by state practice act)
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professionalism in all aspects of job
- Good grooming and professional image
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and anticipation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Good manual dexterity
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs as required
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Office Leader
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including protection to minimize the risks from radiographs and blood borne pathogens
- Potential long hours standing on feet
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DentalOne Partners’ management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
- Provide outstanding customer service for the patient; make the patient the #1 priority; excellent chair side manner.
- Assist the doctor with all dental procedures including but not limited to
- take directions from doctor
- anticipate doctor’s needs
- performing patient oral evaluations
- take, develop and mount accurate and high quality radiographs
- various laboratory duties including provisionals
- Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to help maintain doctor’s schedule and patient flow; create “no patient wait time;” maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Review patient chart prior to doctor arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe doctor notes in patient chart
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow organization’s safety policies and procedures
- Promote and market DentalOne Partners’ services, retail products and doctors to patients as well as educate patients and address their questions and/or concerns
- Partner with doctors, hygienists, Office Leaders and support staff to maintain excellent patient service and integrity within the organization
- Have knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform job successfully
- Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient’s chart.
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
- Complete checklists as assigned.
Non Essential Functions:
- Clean and prepare operatory per organization procedures prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per guidelines
- Follow all OSHA and BBP (Blood borne Pathogen) federal guidelines
- Assist staff in scheduling patients’ follow up visits
- Follow up with labs to ensure quality and timely products
- Track incoming and outgoing lab cases with staff
- Assist hygienist(s) when requested
- Monitor level of dental supplies and order as assigned by Office Leader using approved formulary.