Stone Creek Dental Care
The Director - Market Operations (DMO) oversees the management, goals, and objectives of all dental practices under his/her jurisdiction to produce services in the most cost-effective manner within quality guidelines. The Director – Market Operations (DMO) works closely with each Operations Leader and Doctor to establish and maintain a stable, successful team which is engaged and accountable for meeting and exceeding patient expectations and the financial goals of the practice.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships among the Doctors, the staff, and the company; understand and advocate the needs of the Doctors' practices and the company; monthly inform Doctors of current events, sharing successes from other Doctors/practices, resolving concerns, hearing and being responsive to their feedback and suggestions; reviewing and explaining financial data and communicating company strategy; actively address Doctor needs.
- Possess a business mentality and ownership of district; provide clarity to Operations Leaders and Doctors on company expectations from them; inspire Operations Leaders and Doctors to "buy in" to their ownership and accountability; understand and teach the operational levels that optimize productivity, efficiency, and profitability; verify that Operations Leaders have adequate training and understand key metrics as well as their responsibility for meeting the company standards.
- Direct responsibility for the Doctors' financial success; review current collection/AR/production/key doctor statistics in monthly meetings to ensure the income expectations are being met.
- Learn what resources each practice needs and own the oversight of their receipt.
- Follow hiring protocol by partnering with internal recruiter to recruit top quality talent into the organization; partner with HR to assist in employee retention.
- Provide a candid, external perspective and give feedback to Operations Leaders and Doctors on their staff's performance; assist them with corrective action; work closely with HR to put corrective action/performance improvement plans in place as needed and manage personnel accordingly.
- Ensure that all company policies and employment related laws are being followed consistently and that the desired results are attained.
- Regularly recognize and reward success and performance; develop and execute a coordinated plan in concert with HR.
- Be a change agent and adapt to the dynamic changes of the dental marketplace; champion new initiatives with confidence and conviction; encourage "buy in" of new company initiatives among Doctors, Operations Leaders and the practice staff.
- Facilitate the communication process between Home Office and each practice; be a resource and a sounding board; personally visit each practice as needed.
- Ensure that Operations Leaders are continually teaching, grooming, challenging, and developing future Operations Leaders, work with HR on their further development.
- Train Operations Leaders on current processes/policies and follow through on all projects for successful completion; hold Operations Leaders and their teams accountable; ensure all daily/monthly reports are accurate and completed timely; make sure practices are adhering to OSHA and company policy regulations as well as the policies and procedures in the perio, ortho and training manuals.
- Ensure that the proper lines of communication are being followed.
- Lead by example; follow Code of Ethics; instill enthusiasm, timeliness, and respect in all.
Monthly accountabilities:DMO/Home Office conference callso Doctor meetings o Operations Leader meetings o Review of the practice bonus potential with Operations Leaders o Review updated scorecards with Operations Leaders o Minimum four days of backend auditing o Completed Quality checks o Attendance to any scheduled
- Quarterly accountability: accurately completed cleaning checklists
- Budget accountabilities: meet or exceed assigned district budgets on a monthly basis ino Production o Accounts Receivable o Expenses o Payroll
Education/Certification:o Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent of 3+ years of experience as a Multi-unit District leader
Skills/Abilities:o Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills; establish and maintain positive working relationships, internally and externally. o Strong and effective communication skills for management and all staff levels. o Project professional image at all times, reflective of Dental One Partners' values. o Excellent time management and organization skills; meet deliverables timely. o Demonstrated analytical skills to include reading, understanding, analyzing, and interpreting financial data and operational metrics; knowledge of developing and implementing action plans to achieve successful performance. o Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite of products and office machines. o Exercise high degree of independent decision-making skills with sound judgment and with autonomy.
- Extensive travel
- Safety procedures required in practices to minimize exposure to radiation and other business required, potentially harmful elements