Cherokee Trail Dental Care- Aurora, CO
We are searching for an enthusiastic orthodontic dental assistant that loves building and maintaining positive relationships with patients who is flexible, and willing to collaborate with other team members. What if you could be rewarded for doing what you love, with a team that supports you, in an environment where there is a shared passion for quality patient care? Your primary role is to provide excellent patient experiences while supporting the hygienist with each patient. As a valued member of the family, we will support you, and invest in you and your future with medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid holidays, and many other benefits!
- Provide exceptional customer service, with excellent chair-side manner, while demonstrating teamwork
- Assist the orthodontist with dental procedures, maintain excellent patient service, integrity, flow.
- Review patient chart, document appropriate patient information and health history during the exam and treatment
- Ensures all consent forms are completed prior to procedure
- Ability to take, develop and “mount” accurate, high quality radiographs/intra-oral photos/ orthodontic photos.
- Managing appropriate documentation for patient records- photos, notes, follow- up conversations, patient education.
- Taking dental molds/impressions/scans of patients’ teeth
- Removing/replacing wires & bands
- Preparing patients for banding/de-banding
- Clean, sterilize and prepare the equipment and operatory, prior to and after a patient’s appointment.
- Track the incoming and outgoing lab cases, monitor and order supplies.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance, follow safety policies and procedures through OSHA compliance and BBP (Blood-borne Pathogens) Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a rapidly changing environment.
- Educate the patients on proper oral hygiene and address their questions and/or concern.
- Assist the business administrative team in scheduling patients
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 1 year experience of dental assisting in orthodontics
- Current radiography certification required.
- Dental Assistant certification, as required by state, or ability to become certified
- Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR- BLS) preferred
- Investment in you and your future
- Opportunity to find your career, not just a job!
- Paid Time Off, 401k with company match, Dental, Vision, Medical Benefits
- Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, AD&D insurance
- Opportunity for career growth no matter your passion! Clinical, administrative, training.