Plano Corporate Office
The Payment Posting Specialist is a valued member of the Revenue Cycle Team. The Payment Posting Representative performs day-to-day posting and reconciliation activities. The Poster will be responsible for verifying and reconciling all payments and review all Explanation of Benefits to ensure accuracy and payments are in alignment with banking deposits. The Poster will post payments and make adjustments appropriately to patient accounts and perform all other assigned duties.
· Post all insurance ACH , manual checks and credit card payments to accounts in the practice management systems in a timely and accurate manner
· Record and balance batch totals daily
· Ensure payments, allowances, adjustments, denials and rejections are researched and posted with a high degree of accuracy
· Identify payor fees not being paid at the allowed/contracted amount and communicate these findings to the Supervisor/Manager
· Access payer websites to obtain Explanation of Benefits
· Complete office requests for locating payments and adjustment needs
· Perform all other duties and projects assigned
Required Skills and Experience
· High School Diploma required. Associates or Technical degree strongly preferred.
· 1-3 years prior payment posting / revenue cycle experience required (preferred dental and or healthcare)
This position requires that candidates embody the principles of our core values and demonstrate aptitude in the following areas:
· Analytical ability; Ability to analyze explanation of benefits, interpret metrics and understand workflows.
· Detail oriented focus; Ability to work with complex payment processes
· Interpersonal and relationship building skills; Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships, internally and externally.
· Office proficient; Ability to utilize Fax, Copier, Scanner. Understand mailroom procedures, among other basic office functions.
· Proactive; Works to master his/her own environment with the goal of avoiding problems before they arise.
· Process improvement-minded; Ability to enhance and develop performance by analyzing current data and processes along with openness to feedback and constructive criticism.
· Professional communication skills; Ability to tactfully present information in clear and understandable manner.
· Professional integrity; Ability to work independently with a high level of professionalism, dedication and commitment.
· Proficient with technology; Ability to utilize Microsoft Office application, practice management software, internet applications and excel.
· Results‐oriented; Ability to meet deadlines and hold vendors accountable to service level agreement.
· Revenue Cycle Focused ; Ability to understand how revenue flows into and out of an organization
· Time management; Ability to prioritize and efficiently post payments.
· Flexibility; Ability to adapt to change and willingness to take on new tasks
· Remote from home