As a Dental Assistant, patient care is your #1 priority and focus. Your ability to value and improve the patient experience will play a major role in the delivery of extraordinary dental care. Dental Assistants are a critical part of our mission because they not only support the patient, they provide the doctor with valuable assistance on patient procedures. The Dental Assistant has direct responsibility for the patient’s excellent experience while "in the chair," and patient retention overall.
You are unique, and so are we—it’s time you worked with an organization that appreciates you, challenges you, and helps your professional growth with a team of people dedicated to quality, patient care, and leading the industry with innovation.
We are searching for talented people who want to provide excellent customer service for the patient, provide precise support to the doctor, and possess an amiable chair-side manner. Flexibility, analytical skills, collaboration, and follow-up are all needed in our dynamic state-of-the-art practice environment. So how about it?—Are you passionate about an opportunity like this?
We want you to learn more about us! Reference our career site, www.dentalonejobs.com, and spend a few minutes learning about the culture, values, and people!
Of course, there are some requirements for all EFDA’s:
- Provide extraordinary customer service, with excellent chair-side manner, by making the patient the #1 priority
- Be present, engaged and ready to work at all assigned shift times
- Take direction from the doctor(s) and/or hygienist(s), assist them with all dental procedures, anticipate their needs, and perform patient oral evaluations
- Take, develop and mount accurate, high quality radiographs
- Review patient charts prior to doctor arrival, log appropriate patient data and health history during the exam and treatment, as well as transcribe the doctor’s notes
- Clean, sterilize and prepare the equipment and operatory, per the organizations procedures and guidelines, prior to a patient’s appointment
- Complete various laboratory duties
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to maintain the schedule and patient flow
- Educate the patients and address their questions and/or concerns
- Demonstrate good teamwork to deliver an extraordinary experience for every patient
- Partner with doctors, hygienists, and support staff to maintain excellent patient service and integrity within the organization
- Assist the front office staff in scheduling patients’ follow up visits, as well as tracking the incoming and outgoing lab cases, to ensure quality and timely products
- When assigned by the Operations Leader, monitor the level of dental supplies and order using approved formulary
- Promote and market DentalOne Partners’ services and retail products
- Complete checklists as assigned and participate in daily huddles to ensure that every single day flows smoothly
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow the organization’s safety policies and procedures through OSHA compliance and BBP (Blood-borne Pathogens) federal regulations
- Complete all Learning Management System requirements
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
Current radiography certification required
Dental Assistant certification, as required by state, or ability to become certified
Current certification in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) preferred
Current certification to monitor Nitrous Oxide/Oxygen Analgesia preferred
Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training
Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
Excellent positive attitude and customer service skills
Professionalism and integrity in all aspects of the job, including image and both verbal and written communication skills
Possess exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, including conflict resolution skills
Strong organization, planning and analytical skills
Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a rapidly changing environment
Computer proficiency and the ability to learn new programs as required
Overtime required as approved by Operations Leader
Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required to minimize the risks from radiographs and blood-borne pathogens
Potential of prolonged sitting and standing
Dental One is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The PA Owner reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.