Carmel Village DentalWorks
Dental Hygienists, what if you could be rewarded for doing what you love, with a team that supports you, in an environment where there is a shared passion for quality patient care? Imagine if your voice could be heard, your skillset would be trusted, and you would be given a chance to advance in your career.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Laser certification (in states that apply)
- CE benefits and mentorship
What is required:
- Dental Hygiene License as required by the State
- Positive attitude
- Learning mentality
- Work ethic for a team environment
- A desire to work with awesome people
Sounds too good to be true? Not with this team!
Apply for full time positions with A.K. Richardson and Associates below!
- Provide superior patient care and service; make the patient the # 1 priority; exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side manner.
- Practice Servant Leadership; lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Practice to the standard of care of the State Board of Dentistry; follow rules and regulations of the Dental Practice Act of the applicable state.
- Stay on schedule as much as possible to create “no patient wait time;” help manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Educate patient on oral hygiene/health/disease as well as procedures and services; establish/communicate continued care.
- Follow A.K Richardson and Associates, P.A.
Periodontal Protocol which is based on American Academy of Periodontology, ADA and ADHA guidelines.
- Comply with state and federal laws for chart documentation; follow OSHA guidelines on PPE and use standard precautions.
- Verify patient health history (review basic health status, medications; understand impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient’s chart.
- Thoroughly and efficiently perform clinical hygiene functions including but not limited to exposing/processing/evaluating diagnostic X-rays, reviewing medical histories and recording blood pressure, adult/child prophylaxis, non-surgical periodontal therapy, associated adjunctive therapy and co-assessing treatments with doctor.
- Complete periodontal charting per guidelines
- Manage financial responsibilities/Hygiene scorecard.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
- Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
- Place locally applied antimicrobials
- Place sealants/perform polishing (certification necessary if required by state)
- Use intraoral camera
- Screen for Oral Cancer
- Take and record patient’s blood pressure accurately
- Offer fluoride treatment to all patients
- Perform routine dental prophylaxis for periodontally healthy patients
- Non-surgical periodontal therapy (scaling/root planing)
- Administer local anesthesia (if allowed by state practice act AND hygienist is certified)
- Monitor Nitrous Oxide (if certified by state practice act)
- Take alginate impressions and fabricate whitening trays
- Maintain accurate and legible notes in patient’s chart
Non Essential Functions:
- Clean and prepare operatory per guidelines prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
- Assist other team members, including front office responsibilities
Follow all OSHA and BBP (Blood borne Pathogen) federal guidelines