Plano Corporate Office
The Systems Engineer position will be responsible for managing datacenter hardware and VMWare platforms, cloud service integration, Windows server farms and clusters, Active Directory and Exchange, system backup and recovery. Designs and implements technology infrastructure solutions, advises Company leadership on technologies that support strategic, compliance (HIPAA / PCI) and operational objectives.
- Manage direct attached, clustered, and iSCSI storage arrays for zero downtime
- Manage virtualization clusters for zero downtime
- Manage Windows server farms and file system clustering for zero downtime
- Manage integration with cloud services including O365 and Azure
- Manage Active Directory, including user/computer/site/GPO administration and O365 replication
- Manage Exchange and mail filtering platforms to ensure reliable email delivery and prevent introduction of email-borne viruses and malware
- Manage system monitors, automate identification and alerts for infrastructure and platform incidents.
- Configure, monitor and ensure the integrity of critical backups. Perform object recoveries as needed and periodically test recoveries to ensure viability of backups.
- Review and install Windows updates on all datacenter Microsoft platforms.
- Perform risk analysis and periodic assessments of datacenter platforms for compliance.
- Use PowerShell and command-line scripting to create tools, troubleshoot, and automate tasks
- Communicate recurring issues to the IT leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or comparable experience
- Storage array administration skills required, PowerVault and Compellent experience preferred
- Virtual platform administration skills required, design and implementation skills preferred
- Cloud platform administration skills required, O365 and Azure preferred.
- TCP/IP networking, layer 2 and layer 3.
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Strong diagnostic and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to multi-task
- MS Office proficiency