Parmer Dental Care
For patients, first impressions are everything, which is why this Patient Relations Coordinator position needs someone like you. You will contribute to the success of the practice by ensuring dental patients have a positive experience throughout their visit. Your role as the first point of contact for our patients is truly important to us.
But this position is more than a "front desk" or “receptionist” job. We want this to be a launching pad for your career. By deepening your understanding of the business and navigating patient needs successfully, you have the opportunity to advance through the organization into operations leadership. We care about your goals, whether that is maintaining your position as Patient Relations Coordinator or growing within the company.
We want you to learn more about us! Reference our career site, www.dentalonejobs.com, and spend a few minutes learning about the culture, values, and people!
Of course, there are some requirements for all Patient Relations Coordinators:
- Provide exceptional customer service by making the patient the #1 priority
- Be present, engaged and ready to work at all assigned shift times
- Promptly answer phones with a smile, and communicate with patients in a courteous manner, using recommended verbiage
- Demonstrate and influence a culture of good teamwork to deliver an extraordinary experience for every patient
- Address patient’s questions and/or concerns, and know when to collaborate with the Operations Leader
- Respond to patient appointment requests as quickly as possible and schedule all appointments in accordance to practice guidelines
- Call to confirm scheduled appointments, pull patient files and provide accurate route sheets, to maintain patient flow throughout the day
- Communicate the arrival of a patient and their needs to the clinical staff, as well as notifying the providers of any changes/anticipated issues with the daily schedule
- Assist patients in completing new patient health history forms and accurately enter all patient information into the dental software, ensuring that we have the most updated information on file for each patient
- Accurately record and document diagnosed treatment plans, case acceptances and arranged treatments; And be prepared to positively present financial arrangements/options to patients, adhering to practice protocol
- Contact insurance companies to verify coverage and fee schedules and partner with company vendors to complete insurance breakdowns, within 24 hours of a patient’s scheduled appointment time
- Follow payment policy by posting all charges and payments to patient accounts, and by collecting payments from the patients at the time of service
- Calmly and effectively guide patients by phone through any dental emergencies
- Actively ask existing patients to refer friends and family members to the practice, and complete the patient survey regarding their experience
- Complete checklists as assigned and participate in daily huddles to ensure that every single day flows smoothly
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow the organization’s safety policies and procedures through OSHA compliance and BBP (Blood-borne Pathogens) federal regulations
- Complete all Learning Management System requirements
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent required
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Excellent positive attitude and customer service skills
- Professionalism and integrity in all aspects of the job, including image and both verbal and written communication skills
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and relationship building skills, including conflict resolution skills
- Strong organization, planning and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm in a rapidly changing environment
- Computer proficiency and the ability to learn programs as required
- Overtime required as approved by Operations Leader
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required to minimize the risks from radiographs and blood-borne pathogens
- Potential of prolonged sitting and standing
Dental One is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not tolerate discrimination of any kind.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DentalOne Partners’ management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.