The Lab Leader''s (LL) primary responsibility is to ensure the creation of quality oriented and visually attractive products that meet or exceed doctor and patient expectations and desires in a timely manner. The LL is to create and maintain strong partnerships with practice staff and leadership.
- Demonstrates a concern for the needs and expectations of patients/doctor and making them a high priority; maintains contact with the practice; meets patients'' expectations for aesthetics and function; handles, directs and/or resolves patient complaints
- Demonstrates successfully meeting quality requirements to ensure highest levels of patient and doctor satisfaction; ensures quality assurance of all outgoing cases
- Monitors the quality of results; ensures product meets specifications (thickness, carvings, polishings, etc.); delivers a clean product with no acrylic spurs or bubbles
- Initiate and follow quality control procedures for all cases prior to try-in or delivery
- Recognizes the importance of timing and key individuals in achieving results; uses resources effectively and in line with company policy and goals
- Work effectively with implant cases and precision attachments
- Communicates in a way that is clear and well organized with patients, doctor and staff; communicate appropriate turnaround dates to doctor and staff and meet deadlines; answers patient and doctor questions and addresses any concerns
- Read and understand prescriptions as to specifications and ask questions if clarification is needed
- Projects credibility, poise, and confidence even under difficult or adversarial conditions
- Identifies work-related problems; analyzes problems in a systematic, timely manner; acts decisively to implement solutions and resolve crises.
- Complete repairs during patient visit or within 24 hours
- Perform efficient lab procedures to maintain doctors'' schedules
- Looks for "win-win" solutions, seeks agreement on a solution and elicits commitment to making solutions work effectively; includes others in processes and decisions; displays kindness to give others attention, appreciation, encouragement and common courtesy.
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability, willingness to change to meet the needs of others while still maintaining own objectives; able to adjust to frequent changes in work-related procedures; open to new approaches; readily adapts to new circumstances or methods of working; adapts behavior to suit the situation.
- Organizes, coordinates, and prioritizes resources to achieve optimal results, and ensures that the team is working efficiently together and understands what results are expected
- Setting clear performance targets; conveying timeliness and quality of work expected; evaluating progress; providing specific feedback on a regular basis that enables others to understand when they have done a good job and how they can improve in the future; addressing performance problems by gathering information and setting goals for improvement in a fair and consistent manner; give praise and feedback as appropriate.
- Is knowledgeable about legal practices and laws applying to functional area; develops and updates existing functional systems and policies in order to uphold relevant laws and industry standards;
- Ensure lab operates in an efficient and organized manner
- Manage work flow for effectiveness and efficiency
- Monitor all incoming cases for required impressions and specifications
- Adhere to all OSHA and HIPAA guidelines
- Sterilize and seal all products according to OSHA guidelines
- Maintain supply levels within budget and at appropriate levels to support production
- Maintain cleanliness and order of lab area
- Support product flow and maximize budgeted payroll hours by effectively scheduling staff
- Be aware of and follow practice schedule by arriving on time for all scheduled shifts
- Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Bachelor''s or Associate''s Degree preferred; high school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 3 years management level experience
- Minimum 4 years lab work experience
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Superior hand-to-eye coordination and manual dexterity
- Strong initiative
- Professionalism in all aspects of job
- Good grooming and professional image
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including protection to minimize the risks from radiographs and blood borne pathogens
All hiring is done on behalf of Dr. McClary & Associates III, P.A.