Dr. McClary & Associates has an immediate opportunity for Full Time hygienist.
With a DentalOne Partners supported practice, the Dental Hygienist’s (DH) primary responsibility is to perform quality and efficient hygiene procedures while building and maintaining positive and professional relationships with patients. The DH is directly responsible for the patient’s excellent experience and for patient retention while in the hygiene department. The DH contributes to the overall financial success of the practice.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Dental Hygiene certification from accredited dental hygiene school; pass required regional or state licensing board examinations as applicable.
- Current hygiene license issued by state where employed
- Certification for other duties as required by state practice act
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Professionalism in all aspects of job
- Good grooming and professional image
- Superior team work skills; strong ability to work well with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Good computer/dental software skills
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Office Leader
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures and personal protective equipment required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood borne pathogens
- Potential long hours standing on feet
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. DentalOne Partners’ management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Hiring done by Dental One Partners on behalf of Dr. McClary & Associates.
If interested in this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Provide superior patient care and service; make the patient the # 1 priority; exhibit outstanding customer service and hospitality as well as chair side manner.
- Practice Servant Leadership; lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Practice to the standard of care of the State Board of Dentistry; follow rules and regulations of the Dental Practice Act of the applicable state.
- Stay on schedule as much as possible to create “no patient wait time;” help manage patient flow; maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Educate patient on oral hygiene/health/disease as well as procedures and services; establish/communicate continued care.
- Follow Dr. McClary & Associates Periodontal Protocol which is based on American Academy of Periodontology, ADA and ADHA guidelines.
- Comply with state and federal laws for chart documentation; follow OSHA guidelines on PPE and use standard precautions.
- Verify patient health history (review basic health status, medications; understand impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient’s chart.
- Thoroughly and efficiently perform clinical hygiene functions including but not limited to exposing/processing/evaluating diagnostic X-rays, reviewing medical histories and recording blood pressure, adult/child prophylaxis, non-surgical periodontal therapy, associated adjunctive therapy and co-assessing treatments with doctor.
- Complete periodontal charting per guidelines
- Manage financial responsibilities/Hygiene scorecard.
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
- Perform the following duties as applicable by practice and/or state laws:
- Place locally applied antimicrobials
- Place sealants/perform polishing (certification necessary if required by state)
- Use intraoral camera
- Screen for Oral Cancer
- Take and record patient’s blood pressure accurately
- Offer fluoride treatment to all patients
- Perform routine dental prophylaxis for periodontally healthy patients
- Non-surgical periodontal therapy (scaling/root planing)
- Administer local anesthesia (if allowed by state practice act AND hygienist is certified)
- Monitor Nitrous Oxide (if certified by state practice act)
- Take alginate impressions and fabricate whitening trays
- Maintain accurate and legible notes in patient’s chart
Non Essential Functions:
- Clean and prepare operatory per guidelines prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
- Assist other team members, including front office responsibilities
Follow all OSHA and BBP (Blood borne Pathogen) federal guidelinesApply Now