Plano Corporate Office
Purpose: As a (Microsoft) Dynamics GP SQL Developer/Analyst, you will be part of a high visibility IT team. In your position, you will be primary support for day-to-day operation of the Great Plains and various integration processes between operational source systems and Great Plains, including custom-built integration processes sourcing data from internal practice management systems and external financial institutions (payment processors, banks, etc.). You will facilitate various business units within the Accounting department enhance their business processes and help perform data reconciliations among different systems and data sources.
In addition, you will perform necessary tasks supporting the Accounting month-end processes, work with Accounting department users and management in producing accurate industry standard reports, dashboards focused on GL, A/R and impacting overall P&L recording and reporting. In this role you will work in close partnership with accounting and finance to ensure data/reporting within the two areas are consistent. The position will confer with the executive staff, providers, accounting, revenue cycle operations and other management teams, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounting required
- Dental or health care industry experience highly desirable
- Minimum 6-8 years of experience supporting Dynamics GP (GP 2013 or higher).
- Strong understanding of GP functionality in core modules; Demonstrated experience working in or supporting the functions of each of the following: General Ledger, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable
- Experience with Integrations (integration manager, Smartconnect); Scribe/Smartconnect knowledge preferred or willingness to be trained on Scribe
- Experience on GP integration with external systems is plus
- Familiarity with accounting processes and flow of data on the General ledger and financial statements
- Experience and ability to work with finance/accounting system vendors like payment processors and banks.
- Experience with MS SQL, SSRS, PowerShell scripting
- Technical aptitude; ability to translate business requirements to system deliverables
- Fast paced, multi-tasking, dynamic environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Support all aspects of software or hardware related to MS Dynamics GP including routine maintenance, databases, installs, updates, patches, customizations, integrations, etc. including 3rd party applications
- Proactively managing and prioritizing multiple GP related projects, assignments, timelines, milestones and follow-up communications
- Ability to write, troubleshoot and analyze SQL procedures to extract/view/edit database
- Assist Accounting with P&L reporting; Legacy tool – Frx (support) and Management Reporter (Primary authoring/support)
- Communicate effectively with internal and external resources necessary to successfully complete assignments or projects
- Administer GP end users, roles, security and all 3rd party associated
- Upkeep on documentations, work instructions, procedures on SharePoint
- Conduct end-user training for MS Dynamics GP
- Act as the liaison between IT, Accounting and other departments as needed
- Responsible for other recurring or ad hoc internal reports and analysis as required and/or requested by Accounting users