Plano Corporate Office
Purpose: The Vice President of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) supports the Senior Leadership Team for all DPI budgeting, forecasting, overall company financial analysis and coordination of all reporting matters. The position requires a financial professional capable of working independently on multiple projects and interacting with various internal departments in a fast-paced, dynamic organization. The position also manages all activity required to provide all financial and tax reporting and support for the Doctor Partnership Program, as well as having direct reports in the finance department.
- Qualified candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting and 8-10 years of work experience. MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in performing financial analysis, budgeting/forecasting and financial modeling.
- Good working knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles and practices.
- Process ownership/improvement experience.
- Previous experience in managing a team of professionals.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to work with pivot tables
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (at all levels of management), and must be able to work effectively across organizational and functional boundaries with the ability to build credibility with various internal customers.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Suite including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Proven track record of managing schedules and meeting deadlines.
- Self-starter with exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects at any given time.
- Ability to create structure and definition in situations that are uncertain or ambiguous.
- Ability to adapt quickly to change and will champion the advancement of financial planning tools, systems, and controls that enhance management decision making.
- Exhibits ability to perform the key competencies of Teamwork, Problem Solving, Innovation, Resource Management and Flexibility.
- Lead the development and preparation of the annual budget and long range plans including the presentations to the Management Team, Sponsors and Board of Directors.
- Actively participate in the development of operational and departmental planning assumptions including the buildup of key revenue and labor drivers, including full time equivalent labor targets.
- Effectively communicate status of planning, forecasting and other strategic projects and related reporting throughout the Company.
- Direct the preparation, review, and dissemination of operational performance reports summarizing key performance indicators regarding practice operational and financial performance.
- Lead the identification and analysis of new key performance indicators to drive performance improvement and operational efficiencies across all DPI functional areas.
- Identify opportunities to improve or implement financial systems to realize process improvement efficiencies in finance and/or all other functional areas.
- Develop, refine and maintain models used for financial budgeting, forecasting and planning purposes.
- Implement DPI’s monthly re-forecasting process and the analysis of actual results, including the preparation of related reports and analyses to the DPI management team.
- Responsible for other recurring or ad hoc internal reports and analyses as required and/or requested by the senior leadership team and improving reporting efficiency through automation.
- Provide decision-support analysis on projects and initiatives including approval recommendations for ROI on capital spending requests and key initiatives as needed.
- Supervise the work of all direct reports; assign, direct, monitor and evaluate staff work, plan and coordinate professional development, implement corrective actions as necessary. Ensure communication by team is accurate, reliable, and efficient
- Develop goals for teams and associates to improve processes and address areas of concern
- Responsible for ensuring that transactions, monthly profit allocations, quarterly distributions and related reporting for non-controlling interests in the dental practices is accurately recorded and in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.