Duncanville Dental Care
Purpose: The Orthodontia Assistant’s primary responsibility is to contribute to the Orthodontia department’s financial success by building and maintaining successful working relationships with doctor and patients to provide quality patient orthodontia care and service.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of orthodontia assistant training
- Current radiography certification as required by state
- Experience in a professional environment with direct patient contact preferred
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding positive attitude and demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong initiative
- Professionalism in all aspects of job
- Good grooming and professional image
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and anticipation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Good manual dexterity
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new programs as required
- Overtime required to perform job functions as approved by Operations Leader and Ortho Manager
- Travel as needed for training and to perform job functions
- Safety procedures required including protection to minimize the risks from X-rays and blood borne pathogens
- Potential extended period standing on feet
- Provide outstanding customer service for the patient; make the patient the #1 priority; excellent chair side manner.
- Assist the doctor with all orthodontic procedures including but not limited to:
- take directions from doctor
- anticipate doctor’s needs
- perform patient oral evaluations
- take, develop and mount accurate and high quality x-rays
- various laboratory duties including efficiently making quality provisionals
- Lead by example; exercise good team work; have mutual respect for team; partner with team to create an exceptional experience for patient.
- Maintain flow of doctor’s schedule
- Perform efficient and accurate procedures to maintain a smooth flow of patients throughout the day; create “no patient wait time;” maintain time flexibility for patient; be present, engaged, ready to work at all assigned shift times.
- Review patient chart prior to doctor arrival and log appropriate patient data during exam and treatment as well as transcribe doctor notes in patient chart
- Maintain patient confidentiality through HIPAA compliance
- Follow OSHA and company safety policies and procedures
- Promote and market DentalOne Partners’ services, retail products and doctors to patients as well as educate patients and address their questions and/or concerns
- Partner with doctors, Operations Leaders and support staff to maintain excellent patient service and integrity within the organization
- Knowledge and understanding of dental terminology sufficient to perform job successfully
- Verify patient health history (basic health review, medications, understanding impact with dentistry) and document appropriately in patient’s chart.
- Accountability for successful performance of all job functions
- Complete checklists as assigned.
- Aid Ortho manager on admin days with administrative duties as assigned
- Maintain and order Ortho inventory as assigned by Ortho Manager
- Conduct yearly inventory on supplies as assigned by Ortho Manager
- Participate and contribute to Ortho staff huddles
Non Essential Functions:
- Clean and prepare operatory per guidelines prior to patient appointment
- Sterilize equipment and operatories per OSHA guidelines
- Assist staff in scheduling patients’ follow up visits
- Follow up with labs to ensure quality and timely products
- Track incoming and outgoing lab cases with staff
- Monitor level of dental supplies and order as assigned by Ortho Manager using approved formulary.