One of our favorite days of the year! It’s no joke that National Brush Day is the day after Halloween. Did you read our dental care tips yesterday in our article, “What’s the scariest part of Halloween? Cavities.”?
Parents, make sure your kids brush their teeth for two minutes, twice a day. Check out 2min2x.org for ideas on how to make brushing fun! Children’s oral health is important to start a strong foundation as well as great dental care habits that carry through the rest of their lives.
But, don’t forget about your own teeth – you’re a role model, after all. Below are some cleaning tips that can help the whole family.
How to properly brush, according to MouthHealthy.org:
- Place the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums.
- Gently move the brush back and forth, and repeat for each tooth.
- Brush the outer surfaces, the inner surfaces and the chewing surfaces of the teeth.
- Use the tip of the brush to brush behind each tooth – front and back, top and bottom and up and down strokes.
- Be sure to brush your tongue to remove odor-causing bacteria, and keep your breath fresh.
Need a really good brushing? Benefits end soon, so don’t forget to squeeze in that second annual appointment! Setup your entire family’s next cleaning appointments, find a DentalWorks location near you.